TERMS OF SERVICE
The following Terms of Service Apply:
These Terms of Service are subject to change without prior notice. Please familiarize yourself constantly.
By using your service, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted these Terms of Service.
Terms of Service for Virtual Private Servers (VPS):
The Customer will be given a KVM Virtual Private Server within 24 hours of purchase.
VPS delivery can be extended beyond 24 hours if the payment has to be verified by the online payment or Credit Card Company.
Available Operating Systems
Our fully supported OS distributions and versions are:
- CentOS – All supported versions are available.
- FreeBSD – All supported versions are available.
- Ubuntu – Latest and LTS versions are available.
By default, the 64 bit version will be installed.
Any other Operating System or distribution will be on the Customer’s request, and we will install it to the best of our knowledge.
- The Customer has full root access to the VPS.
- The VPS will be delivered with a root or administrative password, and with the requested hostname. All passwords must be changed on first login.
- The VPS can be used for any legal activity. Any legal software can be run on it.
- The Customer is allowed to resell the VPS.
- Any number of websites or web services can be hosted on the VPS.
- The Customer is responsible for the security of the VPS.
- We are not responsible for VPS data loss, although we will assist the Customer to our best effort in order to try to recover any lost data.
- Data recovery is not warrantied in any way.
- If the Customer needs to migrate the VPS data, we can provide a download link of the snapshot within 48 hours.
- We do not provide technical support for internal VPS configuration or software.
About VPS Backups
- We keep daily on-site and weekly off-site backups of all the VPSs
- Daily backups are stored on the same server as the VPS.
- Weekly backups are made every Friday, and the snapshots are stored in a separate data center.
- We can revert to the present day or week backup upon Customer request.
- Older snapshots are destroyed as soon as the new one is created.
- If a Customer does not want his/her VPS to be backed up, he/she must make an explicit request via our support ticketing system.
- We do not offer any warranty that backups will deliver a functional system.
- Backup availability is not warrantied.
- Backups do not come with any warranty for data recovery.
- Backups are an extra courtesy service offered by xotHost.com.
- Backups do not relieve the Customer from backing up his /her data.
- To cancel the service or account, the Customer must email email@example.com.
- Cancellation and data removal will be completed within 48 hours.
- Payment will only be refunded if there is a failure from xotHost.com.
- Any complaint from Credit Card companies or payment gateways will cause the immediate cancellation of the service and data removal without prior notice.
- Any misuse of the service will cause the immediate cancellation and data removal without prior notice.
Bitcoin (BTC) Payment Conditions:
- Bitcoin payments are accepted at the USD-BTC rate available at the time of payment processing.
- Bitcoin transaction fees are not included on the price of the service.
- Fees are for the miners who generate the BTC, and not for xotHost.com
- In case of refund, the Customer must provide a Bitcoin address.
- Refunds will be given in US Dollars, regardless of the USD-BTC rate available at the time of refund. Please see Cancellation Policy above for refund conditions.
Service Renewal Procedure:
- 2 days before the expiry date, we will send an email to the Customer, including due date, product, and a payment link.
- Another email is sent on the due date if the payment has not been received.
- When the service is overdue by 2 days, it will be shutdown, and the Customer will be informed via email.
- The VPS data will be kept for 10 days unless otherwise requested by the Customer.
- After 10 days, all the VPS data will be completely removed.
- Provide the Customer with a service equal or better than what has been purchased.
- Solve any technical issues related to physical servers, storage, network and infrastructure. VPS internal issues are Customer’s responsibility.
- Offer our help, to the best of our knowledge, on any problem the Customer might be experiencing on the VPS, without any warranty.
- No back doors are installed on the VPS.
- We do not have access to the Customer’s data.
- Treat any case and every person individually.
Non compliance with the following will cause immediate VPS and account termination without prior notice:
- VPS is to be used only for legal activity.
- Only legal software can be installed on the VPS.
- Spam emails are not allowed to be sent from our network.
- VPS cannot be used to download any copyrighted material.
- No fraudulent activities can take place inside the VPS (Please refer to the section “About fraudulent use of our Services below.”)
- No illegal activities can take place on the VPS.
- Any attempt to pay for the services in a fraudulent or illegal way.
Good Practices that the Customer Must Follow:
- Keeping the server safe and secure.
- Changing all initial passwords given by xotHost.com.
- Using strong passwords.
About the Fraudulent use of our Services:
Any fraudulent use of our services will result on the service being canceled immediately without refund.
Fraudulent use includes, but is not limited to:
- Sending unsolicited Bulk email (“UBE”, “spam”),
- Transmission, distribution or storage of material protected by copyright, trade mark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization.
- Phishing, denial-of-service attacks, or any illegal activities generating from the VPS.
- Illegal access to any account or computer resource not belonging to the user.
- Any activity deemed illegal by authorities or other private or public agencies.
xotHost.com will fully cooperate with law enforcement and private anti-spam security companies when such situations arise.
Please direct any questions about our Terms and Conditions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The xotHost.com name, Copyright 2010-2018, xotHost.com.
- The xotHost logo, Copyright 2010-2018 by Laura Merediz
- The term “Linux” is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds, the original author of the Linux kernel.
- The Tux mascot was created by Larry Ewing using the GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)
- BSD Daemon Copyright 1988 by Marshall Kirk McKusick.
- All Rights Reserved.
- Permission to use the daemon may be obtained from:
- Marshall Kirk McKusick
- 1614 Oxford St
- Berkeley, CA 94709-1608
- or via email at email@example.com
- The server picture on the front page taken from Wikipedia, user Victorgrigas and licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
- All other titles, applications, products, and so forth are copyrighted and/or trademarked by their respective authors.